Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simple Examples, Profound Meanings

I’m writing this as I watch “American Idol.” While I realize this may not be the ideal beginning to a post on adding value, hear me out. Here’s the thing to think about: why are there so many bad singers complaining about not getting a fair hearing and in stark contrast the winner who cries with being humbled by the love of millions of voters? In other words, in every field of life, why are losers proud and winners humble?

My take? I think it’s because the winners think about adding value and the losers are thinking merely about appearing to care about adding value. The winners, in essence, are already thinking about the consumer while the losers are only thinking about themselves. If you continue to think about yourself, there is no room in your head to think about your consumer and how you will help them. And they can sense that and not buy from you. As most sales trainers will tell you, think about yourself and pretty much kill the sale!

Here’s another example. I’m currently writing a book on how to be an excellent landlord. You can read about it here: Landlord Landmines . Although I didn’t come up with this while I was a real estate salesperson, I did come up with it as a landlord. Actually, my husband came up with the idea as a way to help other landlords avoid the problems we’ve had with our tenants! We’ve already learned all we could. We want to share the information; we’re thinking about the consumer!

I guess what I’m trying to say is that my husband and I, we should win American Idol. Ha,ha,ha! No. just kidding. I’m trying to say that the first step to adding value is thinking about the consumer. Like the consumer.

Now I am in a better position to help investor clients and they are attracted to it. I am not just a real estate salesperson who can sell them a rental. I’m a real estate salesperson who owns rental property, who knows what to look for in one and can guide them through such a purchase. My next goal? Owning a property management company, so that every aspect of buying and managing a rental is taken care of for the client. Their job is simply selection.

Everything worth doing is worth doing well. Everything you do can add value. Not just to the consumer, but to your own life. And when you think like that, that’s when you don’t need to think any more. That’s when you’re there! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics