Monday, October 13, 2008

Hope and Faith not Fear and Despair - Shaping your perceptual spectrum

Last two weeks have been - what can I say - eventful. We had so many crises one after another. First the US crisis. Then the European crisis. Then our own Indian (rumoured) crisis.
Yes, there was a liquidity issue in India. But was it enough to be a crisis point? I do not know. When the whole world was reducing interest rates to spur the economy (to avert a crisis, which probably increased the magnitude eventually), our RBI governor kept on tightening. As a result, we have ample scope to reduce both the CRR now as well as the interest rates. I mean we are hovering around 14 % interest rates, while US is @ 1.5%. Any further and they would actually start doling out money for customers to borrow. Aren't we in India in a much better shape.

But inspite of this, we had so much rumour mongering - largely about ICICI Bank. Again, I am not the expert to comment on whether this is true or false.

But I am a salesman, and I think - how does this impact me? Do I fill myself with Fear and Despair about the future? Do I fear about missing target quotas? Will my company start downsizing? Will people loose jobs? Well fact is, I don't know. Only time will tell how deep the wounds are.

But is the fear of future possible pain making me feel despair today? If yes, then I have already written my future (or rather, lack of it) as a salesman even without any of this happening.


So what will I as a salesman do? I will nurture Hope and Faith. Hope of a return to normalcy soon, but importantly, faith in my own ability as a salesman to tide over this present and temporary crisis.


I will write more about this in my next post.

While the mainstream media (read TV, Newspapers) were busy spreading news about the bleak future ahead, I think the Social Media Role is to spread cheer, hope and faith in our own ability to withstand this, unlike the depressing role being played out by the mainstream media.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics